Speckle is a dynamic and growing software company revolutionizing the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industry. We provide an open-source data platform that enables seamless collaboration and data exchange across multiple design and construction software applications. Our innovative approach empowers AEC professionals to work together efficiently, breaking down barriers and fostering creativity.
We are a group of extremely motivated individuals, constantly pushing the boundaries of technology to drive innovation and make a lasting impact on the industry.
We embrace the unique opportunities that come with working in a distributed team, valuing flexibility, inclusivity, and open-mindedness. We actively support and uplift one another, leveraging our collective strengths to overcome challenges and deliver high-quality solutions.
We get together at company retreats multiple times a year to have fun and bond. We also meet virtually on a regular basis and never fail to have a laugh!
In this role, you will play a pivotal role in driving the development efforts and mentorship within our talented Connectors team. You will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and delivery of high-quality software connectors in a very complex echo-systems to enable connectivity and data exchange between different 3D and AEC software applications. In this critical role, you will be instrumental in shaping the future of our platform and driving its primary growth engine.
- Lead a team of talented engineers to successfully deliver high-quality software connectors on time and within scope.
- Take part in the development itself, we believe the person in this role needs to get their “hands dirty”.
- Take ownership of the end-to-end software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, CI/CD and deployment.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, and other stakeholders to define technical requirements and ensure alignment with the overall product vision.
- Mentor and guide team members, providing technical expertise, guidance, and support to foster their professional growth and development.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, and technical excellence within the team.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to drive innovation and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of connectors with other components of the Speckle platform.
You are an experienced engineering leader who is passionate about driving innovation, mentoring talented individuals, and transforming the AEC industry.
You also have:
- Extensive experience in desktop software development, with a strong focus on .NET development, and ideally also cross-platform technologies.
- Proven track record of leading and mentoring software engineering teams in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- You bring (first) managerial experience, you lead by example, and you are willing to dive into projects to support and help where needed.
- Solid understanding of software development best practices, including version control, code review, testing, and deployment strategies. Especially relevant if with plugin-architecture systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Passion for the AEC industry and a desire to revolutionize the way professionals collaborate and exchange data.